Dundalk Photographic Society runs a series of photographic classes for beginners annually. The classes take place every September or October and serve a dual purpose as they provide the club with both a source of funds and new blood for the club each year. The cost of the classes are €100 for the six week course - you won't find better value than that anywhere.
The course contents inlude the following and much more;
- An introduction to photography - including aperture, shutter speeds, lenses, filters etc
- How to compose a photograph - including portraits, lanscapes, events etc
- How to use your camera - whether you have an SLR film camera, digital SLR camera, compact digital camera or a compact camera.
- Practical sessions where experienced club members give one-to-one tutorage to show you how to use your camera and give adive on how to improve your photography using example of your photography
- An introduction in the use of both film and digital cameras and how to manipulate and edit your images.
The 2012 Beginners classes will commence on Wednesday 21st of September. A flyer is available for download below. Please free to print it for your records if you are interested. Alternatively contact one of the club members by clicking on the 'Contact Us' button on the homepage. A map to the Conradh Na Gaeilge hall on Jocelyn Street can be found by clicking the Map button on the homepage.
As DPS is limited to the number of full time members we can cater for, automatic club membership is no longer included as part of the Beginners class fee. If you are interested in becoming a full time member of the club you will have to apply on a first come, first served basis and each membership application will be reviewed by the DPS Committee.
Download the 2012 Digital Photography Beginners Classes Flyer Below: